Michelle De La Rosa (Key)
• August 18, 1988 on Williams Airforce Base, Arizona
• family: I love my family and it just continues to grow! I am the daughter of Karen and Darold Key.. they met playing racquetball and I continued that tradition when I met my husband (Daniel De La Rosa). I also have a sister who I team up and play doubles with from time to time. Daniel and I have an awesome, fun-loving daughter named Raelynn.
• education: Graduated from Arizona State University with a bachelors in interdisciplinary studies my disciplines were exercise & wellness and family studied & child development.
• profession: After college I taught preschool for a number of years before giving it up for love and racquetball. With the support from loved ones I started playing in the protour. When Daniel and I got married and had Raelynn I took a break from the tour. Now I’m a stay at home mom and help run Key Sports and Arizona Outdoor Racquetball.
• how & when you started racquetball: I was born into racquetball. My mom was playing while she was pregnant with me and I haven’t really stopped since haha.
• other sports: I have played many sports throughout my life but currently I enjoy playing pickleball with my family and have a try passion for sand volleyball.
• career highlights: I think my all time career highlight was being able to play for team USA at the PanAm Games. As far as titles, there are a lot in my family and we don’t value them as much as the friends and experiences we’ve made along the way.
• what you like about outdoor racquetball: I LOVE OUTDOOR RACQUETBALL!!! Nothing compares to the fun and exciting environment outdoor offers. It takes racquetball to the next level.
• ideas to grow the sport: I think our sport needs more love for our juniors. Plus it’s always super important to support your local events.
• additional thoughts: 3WB is the best event for outdoor racquetball and nothing beats a weekend in Vegas playing some ball. Thank you so much to the staff and everyone who makes that event better year after year!!
2014/3: 3WB World Champs, Mixed Pro Doubles Champion
2014/2: 3WB World Champs, Women's Pro Doubles Champion
2014/1: World Outdoor Champs, Women’s Pro Doubles Champion
2013: World Outdoor Champs, Women’s Pro Doubles Champion
2013/2: US Team Member
2013/3: Women’s Team Qualifying Doubles – Runner Up
2011: Intercollegiate Nationals - #1 Singles - Champion
2010: Intercollegiate Nationals - #1 Singles - Finalist